- Fellow and Past President, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys.
- Adjunct professor, Washburn Law School teaching the Adoption Law class.
- Former Member of the Board, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys.
- Represented the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys at the annual meeting of the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children in California, Nevada, Rhode Island, Maryland and Washington.
- Presenter at the Dave Thomas Center for Adoption Law on Perspectives on Open Adoption, Privacy vs. The Right to Know.
- Appeared as an expert on Good Morning America, Good Morning Scotland, as well as numerous local television and radio shows.
- Participated in The Adoption 2002 Symposium that was a joint project of the US Departments of Justice and Health & Human Services designed to help state legislators and other policy makers to evaluate current laws and make recommendations to establish permanency for Children.
- Invited to participate at the Netherlands Embassy to celebrate the signing of the Hague Convention on International Adoption.
- Served as chair of the Ethics Committee and Internet Committee of American Academy of Adoption Attorneys.
- Received an award from Missing and Exploited Children for help resolving an International Adoption kidnapping, September 2000.
- Angel in Adoption of the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute having been nominated by Senator Sam Brownback.
- Trainer for Spaulding for Children, Understanding Infant Adoption for social workers and adoption counselors
- Speaker, Adoption Law seminar for National Business Institute
- Contributing author, Adoption Law In Kansas, Faculty Adoption Law In Kansas, seminar for social workers, attorneys, counselors, nurses and psychologists.
- Founding Member Board of Governors, Gift of Adoption Fund.
- Technical advisor to The Guiding Light, CBS television program with respect to adoption segments, Steals and Deals and Inside Edition with respect to adoption fraud.
- Member Topeka Bar Association
- Member Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity
- Served on the Board of Governors, Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Presenter for various programs for the Kansas and Topeka Bar Associations on Adoption Law.
Lisa is a member of:
American Bar Association
- Family Law Group
- Adoption Committee
- Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division
- GPSolo Leadership
Topeka Bar Association
- Family Law Committee
Kansas Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Solo & Small Firm Section
Kansas Judicial Council
- Adoption Law Advisory Committee